What Is It?
5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is an intermediate in the natural synthesis of the essential amino acid, tryptophan, to serotonin. Clinical studies suggest that 5-HTP supports healthy serotonin levels. In the body, 5-HTP converts to serotonin with the enzymatic removal of a carboxyl group (COOH). Serotonin is an important neurotransmitter involved in the regulation of endocrine and brain activity responsible for emotion, appetite and sleep/wake cycles.*
Uses For 5-HTP
Emotional Well-Being: Two open trials and a double blind comparative investigation indicate that 5-HTP provides promising support for emotional well-being. Additional studies indicate similar potential for support.*
Appetite And Weight Management Support: 5-HTP has been shown to help moderate appetite and food cravings in study participants.*
Cranial Vessel Comfort: In several trials, including one that involved over 100 subjects, 5-HTP has demonstrated the ability to promote healthy cranial vessel comfort and function.*
What Is The Source?
5-HTP is derived from the Griffonia simplicifolia plant. Hypo-allergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose
- Promotes enhanced serotonin levels*
- May improve emotional well-being, appetite control and sleep/wake cycles*
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
- Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization
- 5-HTP (5-Hydroxtryptophan) encourages increased serotonin levels in the brain to promote a heightened state of emotional well-being, support appetite control and sleep/wake cycles.*